(Please email Alyssa Broadsky at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have dietary restrictions, we will do our best to accommodate.)
Breaking Down Barriers-The Power of Workplace Mediation
HRMA Monthly Luncheon
April 19, 2021
11:15 AM – 1:00 PM
(Registration closes on Monday, April 18, 2022)
Presenting on behalf of Southwestern HR Consulting
Working with Southwester Human Resources Consulting (SWHRC), Ms. Vigil-Tullar provides assistance to a variety of employers from small to large and public to private sector. This presentation will show the benefits to mediation in addressing workplace issues and how you can use it to address diversity and employee relations issues to improve engagement, retention, and performance.
The Learning Objectives Include:
● Understand the cost of communication/relationship issues in the workplace
● Learn about how having a diverse workforce can impact communication and how mediation can help in understanding different perspectives.
● Learn how the brain can impact our ability to understand each other.
● Show how assumptions and unconscious bias can affect communication
● Learn how mediators assist parties to get at the core of the matter in order to move to a place where they can implement mechanisms to assist moving forward
About Our Speaker
Magdalena Vigil-Tullar, MBA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CLRP has been in the field of Human Resources for over 30 years with 20 of them in the public sector, 10 years in the private sector, and two years in contracted services for Human Resources Consulting. She is currently a subcontractor for SWHRC. Her specialties are labor and employee relations, compliance, policy writing, and mediation. She has served on the Society for Human Resources Management New Mexico Board for several years and several past SHRM state conference committees. She not only mediates for the customers of SWHRC but also for the State Alternative Dispute Resolution Bureau, Metro Court, and Magistrate Courts across New Mexico.
|Non HRMA Member Virtual||$25.00|
|HRMA Member Virtual||$15.00|
|Pre-Paid Bundle Virtual||$0.00|
|Student Member Virtual||$0.00|