Courage, Culture & Change
HRMA Monthly Luncheon
February 16, 2021
11:15 AM – 1:00 PM
(Registration closes on Friday, February 12, 2021)
3rd VP NAACP Albuquerque Branch
Founder & President Ernest Jenkins & Associates (EJ&A)
Leadership courage is a critical competency needed during these disruptive times. HR can be instrumental in helping people and organizations navigate through difficult changes. The NAACP has been and continues to be instrumental in shaping the ever-changing Albuquerque and US culture.
This presentation will identify some similarities between the two organizations, involve a quick reflection on hidden biases that can potentially impact HR professionals and the courage needed to be successful during these chaotic times. You will start to draft an actionable goal to take back to your work environment(s).
Learning Objectives Include:
- Identify parallels and commonalities between our respective organizations
- Reflect on hidden individual biases that impact HR competencies at all levels
- Discuss insights/ideas on leadership courage in the HR arena
- Identify a draft SMART goal to take back with you
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER
ERNEST L. JENKINS, SR., DUAL MA, – HRD & MANAGEMENT
Ernest is a retired Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) for Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI), a Fortune 500 utility company headquartered in Washington DC, with 5,000 employees and four IBEW local labor unions located across New Jersey and Delaware.
Thirty-year career highlights include:
• Acquiring promotions, back pay & salary adjustments for 100+ female workers (Lilly Ledbetter)
• Increased Executive and Leadership Accountability by aligning specific people /process results to pay
• Proactively and consistently aligning HR to bottom-line performance and business results
• PEPCO - Led very successful Alignment & Diversity initiatives, mentorship, succession and internships
• PNM – Led very successful culture transformation/change initiatives including cost reduction, business process redesign/improvement, succession planning, compensation, etc.
• Instrumental in increasing minority leadership hiring in the union ranks.
Ernest is Founder & President of Ernest Jenkins and Associates, dba EJ&A, a performance improvement consulting company. Former clients include Fortune 500 companies, state & federal government and nonprofits.
A strong advocate of education, experiential and lifelong learning and civil rights, Ernest holds dual master’s degrees in human resources development & Management from Webster University, Albuquerque, NM, and an undergraduate degree in Secondary Education from Howard Payne University, Brownwood, TX. He holds multiple certifications in OD, HR, training and leadership development.
Volunteerism and community activities include, mentoring underserved youth and voter registration efforts.
Virtual Student Raffle!
Enter for a chance to win and support our student scholarship program! In lieu of payment for the monthly luncheon, please consider entering into the student raffle when you register for the event and contributing to the student scholarship fund! You will see raffle options and donation options when you register. We will conduct the drawing for the raffle prize(s) at the end of the virtual meeting. No need to be present to win.
Enter for a chance to win:
-Book: Recruiting in the Age of Googlization by Ira S. Wolfe (compliments of Kelli Merlino, Kabana Consulting, LLC, https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelli-merlino-sphr-shrm-scp-kabana/)
-Book: Unleashed by Jerome Wade
You can also donate at the link below.
|Free Virtual Meeting||$ 0.00|
|Student Raffle Ticket + Free Virtual Meeting||$ 5.00|
|Student Scholarship Donation + Free Virtual Meeting||$ 10.00|
|Student Raffle Ticket + Student Scholarship Donation + Free Virtual Meeting||$ 15.00|